AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) is becoming more common in a variety of public and workplace settings. Using a defibrillator is a basic, straightforward procedure that can save a person’s life. In the case of an emergency, your team will be able to confidently operate a defibrillator thanks to the West Coast First Aid Training course. Our training is both entertaining and educational, with each participant having the opportunity to practice using a defib in a hands-on session. It will take up to 2.5 hours to complete the course. Everything is provided, and the course is held at your location.
- Reporting and responsibilities
- Cardiac Arrest/Heart Attack
- Analyzing the circumstance (Size Up)
- Dealing with an unwitting victim
- Infection prevention
- Using a defibrillator
- Procedure for defibrillation
- AED security
- Defibrillation in children
What is it and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)?
Courses with hands-on AED training (including CPR training) are available and can be arranged for groups at your own premises. These courses are customized to your requirements and are suitable for everyone who has access to or a potential need to use an AED:This is nonaccredited but can be upgraded to HLTAID001 Provide CPR if required.
- Childcare centers
- Medical and dental centers
Automated External Defibrillator for Cardiac Arrest
An automated External Defibrillator (AED) is an instrument used by medical professionals fabricated to scrutinize the heart rhythm and create an electric shock. This reinstates the heartbeat to normal for casualties of ventricular fibrillation (irregular heartbeat). This device examines a person’s heartbeat rhythm and decides if a shock is needed and does not deliver a shock unless required. It is used to manage sudden cardiac arrest.
The success rate is 90% at 6 minutes and the median time is 9.5 minutes.
Learning to use an AED:
The majority of heart attacks happen to people who do not have anything wrong with their hearts. People have a heart attack before they even realize it themselves, and 50% of the heart attacks are fatal. Being prepared for every situation is necessary and thus, we have arranged courses to train people to use an AED so that they can be prepared in the most unexpected situations and save a life.
About the course:
- Convenience: Groups can be arranged at your premises as per your requirements.
The course can take place at schools, workplaces, churches, childcare centers, and medical and dental centers.
- Suitability: Suitable for anyone who has access to or a potential need to use AED.
The course is non-accredited, however, can be upgraded to HLTAID001 Provide CPR.
HLTAID001 provides nationally accredited first aid courses.
- Price: $35 per person (up to 2 hours of hands-on training)
$50 per course for up-gradation to HLTAID001 (up to 2 and a half hours of training)
- Group: Minimum of 8 people is required.
Everything will be provided.
We understand that not everyone might be equipped with an AER since it is not as common as other medical equipment such as a first aid kit or a blood pressure machine. To help you out, we have listed some of the good quality AEDs that would be helpful for you to use in the course and eventually, use in case of an emergency.
Zoll AED 3 Semi-Auto, CPR Uni Pads, Battery, 1-year PlusTrac Program Management
- Improved Real CPR Help: Guides saviors to provide compressions that meet the current guidelines for rate and depth.
- Program Management Onboard: Equipped with wifi for uninterrupted communication and effortlessly links your AED to Zoll Track’s Program Management system to monitor its status.
- Push Child button for pediatric rescue: The CPR Unipads can be used for everyone, and one does need to keep an extra set in case the victim is a child.
- CPR Unipads with a 5-year shelf life: Prevents compromising of the corrosion of the metal plates of the electrodes for 5 years.
It aims to provide rescuers with unparalleled support and a low total cost of ownership.
Lifepak Defibrillator CR2 Fully Automatic
- Layered Design: Layered design along with bold graphics make it easier to read and begin.
- Quickstep electrodes: For the faster placement of electrodes, you just have to peel them from underneath.
- CPR Insight analysis technology: Analyzes shockable rhythm during chest compressions.
- Metronome and CPR coaching: Keeps a consistent pace, and the audio guides the users appropriately.
- Clear Voice Technology: Detects any background voice and accommodates its voice automatically to avoid any disturbance.
- Fully Automatic: The model is available as automatic or semi-automatic.
- Highest available escalating energy: The maximum current required to shock a person suffering from a cardiac arrest is 360 J, and this product provides this feature.
- Bilingual: You can switch to any of the two languages while using this AED.
- Child mode: This device is also appropriate for children since it delivers low shocks that are appropriate for them without changing the electrodes.
- Rough and Tough: This device has been given an IP55 rating for challenging environments and comes with an 8-year warranty.
- AED program manager: The device monitors AED programs by tracking the status, directs victim data to emergency communicators and hospitals and detects AED locations and other tools.
Samaritan HeartSine Defibrillator 500P
- ICG-based feedback: The device discovers the depth and rate of CPR being applied via the defibrillator electrodes without adding accelerometers.
- Easy to follow visual and verbal guide: For easy usage, this device uses easy-to-understand visual, and voice elicits to guide the savior through it all.
- Highest level of protection from dust and water: The device offers unrivaled toughness and ruggedness.
- Clinically certified technology: This device is provisioned with proprietary electrode technology and SCOPE™ biphasic technology, a surging, low-energy waveform that consequently changes for differences in patient impedance.
- Most compact design: Most portable device with 1.1 kg and a compact footprint.
- One expiration date of two parts: The device’s integrated battery and electrode single-use cartridge. The pair comes with one expiration date and needs a simple maintenance change every 4 years.
- Minimal cost of ownership: This device is comparatively affordable and saves your money by not having to change the parts over and over again.
Defibrillator HS1 Heartstart philips c/w std case
- Guides you through every step: Once you activate the device, it guides you through every step and the entire process.
- Ready to use out of the box: This defibrillator is ready to use at one’s convenience and also manages automatic self-tests daily, weekly, and monthly, including testing the pads.
Owning and training to use an AED may be seen as unnecessary when you haven’t lost a loved one or seen someone perfectly healthy die within minutes of a cardiac arrest. It is crucial to always be prepared for the most unexpected and worse situations so that you can be well prepared when such a situation arises. In 2020, cardiac arrest was the leading cause of death worldwide, and you have an amazing opportunity of saving a life with this training. Enroll now!
Contact us now for more information or to book our course.