Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID014
This course includes the following nationally recognized units of competence:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid course in Perth
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aid, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
Performance Evidence of Advanced First Aid HLTAID014
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, and workplace procedures:
Follow DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Performed at least 2 minutes of Bag-valve-mask ventilation and at least 2 minutes of compression during a two-rescuer procedure on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
Responded to at least three simulated first aid courses in Perth contextualized to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Conducted a visual and verbal secondary survey assessment of the casualty
- Assessed vital signs (respiration, pulse, and temperature)
- Communicated effectively with a first aid team providing direction and coordination of other first aiders
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation
- Provided an accurate verbal and written report of the incident
- Includes basic first aid kit and resuscitation mask to keep
- A minimum number of four participants are required for this course. Please select the appropriate number when placing your order.
Request more information, a quote for your group, or to express interest in joining our next public course please click here: Contact Us!!
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Macbec Pty Ltd (RTO 40833)